Over the past few weeks, Brexit has dominated the national press. The Government has offered greater clarity to investors and businesses by releasing a series of policy documents, the most recent being the Brexit White Paper, which was presented to Parliament on Thursday.
Based on the 12 principals outlined in Prime Minister Theresa May’s keynote speech at Lancaster House on 17 January, the Brexit White Paper offered further insight into how the Government plans to manage the Brexit negotiations. Next week, MPs will continue to discuss the bill to trigger Article 50 as it is reviewed by the committee stage in the House of Commons.
As recently stated in the Modern Industrial Strategy Green Paper, the Government has recognised the vital role that alternative finance plays as a source of growth capital for scaling UK companies. Tax reliefs such as the Enterprise Investment Scheme and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme have helped encourage the growth of venture capital investment in the UK. To this end, the Government has this year committed to the following:
- Improving access to finance for businesses looking to grow
- Backing institutions that can catalyse private sector equity investment
- Improving other support for scale-ups and entrepreneurs by building up networks
By committing to these initiatives, there are a range of new opportunities on the horizon for investors. To reveal how investors are planning their financial strategy, IW Capital will soon be releasing its 2017 Investor Index. Having surveyed 1,000 UK investors about their fears and aspirations, the report’s findings reveal just how investors are manging their investment portfolio over the next 12 months. Specifically, it shows:
- Which asset classes investors are factoring into their investment strategy in 2017
- Investor attitudes towards the landmark political and economic events of 2016
- Investor sentiment towards SMEs and tax efficient investments in 2017
To reserve your copy of the Investor Index, be sure to register as a member of Access 42.